Re: ESC meeting agenda: 2023-07-13 16:00 CEST

On 13.7.2023 2.24, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi,

I suggest item: Preparations for the tenders for the 2024 budget

I would like to discuss these points:
(1) Will the ESC work again with a Wiki page like https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Budget2023 ? If yes, can we please get that page as soon as possible? Who does it? Otherwise how to collect proposals?

(2) There was the idea of having more detailed descriptions. How long? What must it contain, what should it contain? If there will be a Wiki page, its structure somehow needs to consider longer texts.

(3) Is there already a decision which items of the ESC list of this year will not get a tender from the budget 2023?

I want to suggest some ODF related items. Because I'm not able to estimate the effort, I would like to start early so that there is enough time for others to (hopefully) help me in that point.

Page created: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Budget2024

For improving the workflow, let's keep our thinking hats on for a while. In any case TDF staff should reach out to the original submitters of reasonable ideas with insufficient descriptions that have been lingering in the budget pages and encourage improving them.

Ilmari