Re: Unbalanced </translate> tag

Hi Ilmari,

Ilmari Lauhakangas schrieb am 18.06.2023 um 20:53:
I've now cleaned up the page.

Thank you.

The reason why we want to break up individual bullet points into translation units is that otherwise translators may end up with a giant pile of text in a single unit. It's not very fun trying to wrestle that in a small text box in the translation interface.

That makes sense.

If there is ever a problem with the <translate> tags, Save Changes will point out the area that has the problem (while blocking you from saving).

That happens to me.

One bad habit we have to kick for release notes pages is the use of thumbnailed images with captions. Unfortunately this breaks our newly acquired mobile friendliness. Instead we should use <gallery> elements. You can see an example in this edit: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=ReleaseNotes%2F7.4&type=revision&diff=642340&oldid=642284

I have written a document which is linked in the release notes. That document contains screenshots. I have mainly used a separate document to make the example shapes copyable. I think that should be OK.

Kind regards,
Regina