Re: Use of "none" in the UI

I can have an eye on it but better you file individual tickets for every label.

On 10.05.23 17:17, Olivier Hallot wrote:
Hi folks

The pronoun "none" used in many widgets in the UI brings extra work for translators and users.

None has a gender in many Latin languages (Aucun, Aucune) (Nenhum, nenhuma)...

It can also mean "without" in many places.

Often we don't know exactly what a single "none" is about (because it a pronoun). For example:

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/languages/pt_BR/libo_ui-master/search/?offset=1&q=+source%3Anone+&sort_by=-priority%2Cposition&checksum=

So may I ask you guys to explicit the object that is related to none (i.e. replace the pronoun) ? As in "no outline level", "no function"...

I believe a more precise UI/translation will improve user experience with LibreOffice.

Cheers!

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: heiko.tietze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx