Re: Win releases git repository

On 31.03.2023 13:43, Xisco Fauli wrote:
At least for 3.x and 4.x releases I had to do the following tweaks:

1. Extract files from msi

Possibly it would make sense to use administrative install instead? Possibly that would also make almost all the rest of the steps unnecessary?

  msiexec -a path\to\msi

and then point where to extract the files (I'd just point to the destination "instdir" directory, so that the usual "program", "share", etc. are under it). This should create a usable directory structure, and only require the tweak of program/bootstrap.ini.

2. Move *.dll files in URE/bin to instdir/program

3. Move *.rdb files in URE/misc to instdir/program

4. Move msvcp* and msvcr* from Win/System/ to instdir/program

5. Append to instdir/program/uno.ini

[Bootstrap]
URE_INTERNAL_LIB_DIR=\${ORIGIN}
URE_INTERNAL_JAVA_DIR=\${ORIGIN}/classes
URE_INTERNAL_JAVA_CLASSPATH=\${URE_MORE_JAVA_TYPES}
UNO_TYPES=\${ORIGIN}/types.rdb \${URE_MORE_TYPES}
UNO_SERVICES=\${ORIGIN}/services.rdb \${URE_MORE_SERVICES}

I never needed this, when I used the admin install option.

6. Change UserInstallation in instdir/program/bootstrap.ini ( to use a different user profile )

Yes, this is a needed step.

7. touch instdir/ure-link ( so calling .exe files directly works )

I haven't needed this.

8. Remove instdir/share/extensions/ so we can save some space

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski