Re: [BUG] [Libetonyek Build Failed] Please consider updating autotool scripts.

On 17.10.2022 01:17, 南国 微雪 wrote:
Hello, I'm from ArchRISC-V Team, a community porting Arch Linux
software to RISC-V architecture.

# Description

While packaging `Libetonyek`, we found an error. [1]

(This link is the log about building processing our lord maintained.)

The `config.guess` file is too old to work.

FWIW, this is probably the same issue that was reported against libixion and liborcus:

https://gitlab.com/ixion/ixion/-/issues/50
https://gitlab.com/orcus/orcus/-/issues/161

The solution for me was to switch from manually running aclocal, automake, autoconf etc combo, to simply running autoreconf -i, as in the following commit:

https://gitlab.com/ixion/ixion/-/commit/9d28e19f419fb614355143af41af02bfec1f8ed2

I believe the packager can manually run autoreconf on their end, so my understanding is that it's not an urgent issue. But still something that should be fixed in the upstream packages.

As for the difference between autoconf and autoreconf, the following stackoverflow page summarizes pretty well:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27285052/difference-between-autoconf-and-autoreconf

Kohei