Re: (was: ESC meeting minutes: 2022-10-20)

Hi Andreas, all,

Andreas Mantke wrote:
> I find it very shameful how much efford the board and it's members with
> a known and possible CoI on this topic invest to not enable further
> contributions and throw away a project which is evaluated important for
> the future of LibreOffice and TDF.

While I understand your frustration - as Stephan points out up-thread,
you did significant infrastructure work on the repo - I don't find it
particularly nice, when you try (again) to politicize a technical
evaluation.

In this venue (with the dev list in Cc), it is not credible to claim
someone would 'throw away' a project, or prevent further
contributions, when you've just shown that there's no problem setting
up shop on github easily.

So I would prefer to keep politics out of dev list discussions,
including implying people would be just tools, and/or assuming
ulterior motives left and right.

For this list, it's 'show me the code', and that's what we looked at.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten