Re: Material preset "Metal" for extruded custom shapes

Hi Miklos, hi all,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 07.02.2022 um 09:54:
Hi Regina,

On Wed, Feb 02, 2022 at 11:46:29PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
LO has only a 'metal' from my last commit, which I now think has errors.  It
is clear, that MS Office renders it using the material color. Besides seeing
it in examples, the material color is mentioned in VML and in "legacyMetal"
in OOXML. And although the description in ODF is not really clear, it surely
has no reference to the material color. So we have an ODF way of 'metal' and
a MS Office way.

That's fine. And then I imagine the intention is not to get rid of the
ODF way, so we would need both, correct?

Yes. I have introduced a new flag "MetalColored" as property and have add a new item to the "Surface" drop-down list in the "3D-Settings" toolbar. The user can use a preset "Metal ODF" to get ODF rendering and a preset "Metal MSO" to get MS Office kind of rendering. (Exact wording for labels under discussion.)

So I would have to add handling of the new attribute in a lot of places. The
question is, do you (or someone else) will have time to mentor me when
needed?

I'm happy to answer specific questions from you and others on the
mailing list as my time permits. In most cases others are more competent
to answer a given question, but usually somebody answers them. If you
don't get a reply in a few days, just "bump" the thread ("still looking
for an answer here!") so the thread gets the attention it needs. :-)

Thank you for your offer.

After some struggling I think I have got it now. Patch in Gerrit is updated accordingly.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/128449

Kind regards,
Regina