Re: Java min version for master sources?

On 21/05/2019 11:48, Samuel Mehrbrodt wrote:
Why not have a separate minumum java version for development?

We could require Java 8 for the dev/build machines, but produce java 6 bytecode.

So for end users nothing changes (Java 6 still supported), but developers can make use of new java features.

Not sure I understand you. How can developers use e.g. Java API features only present since Java 8 when we target users with Java 6 installations?