Re: HFSC not working as expected

On 2014-07-03 02:56, Alan Goodman wrote:

Its a BT Business Hub 3, which I think is made by Huawei. Im not sure of
the technical underpinnings of how a router in bridgemode operates
beyond I set it to bridge mode and connect it to a device that does
PPPoE and it 'just works'.

Hmmm, maybe the isp handles both pppoa and pppoe ?

Do you have any examples (or links to correct examples online) of a good
method of utilising 'tc-stab' ?  I have looked at the documentation and
am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment!

tc-stab essentially answers "what is the real length of packet being sent ? (later)". ATM cells are always 53 bytes long with 48 bytes payload - so the data send is divided in 48 byte packs, some atm/ethernert/ppp specific info (overhead) and padded to fit into 48*n size.

Assuming your link is actualle pppoe, the overhead would be 32 (vcmux) or 40 (llc) with 'linklayer atm' option. Then you can use the speed at which modem synchronizes (or well a tiny bit less to compensate for small variations) when using tc.