Re: HFSC not working as expected

On 2014-07-01 16:33, Alan Goodman wrote:
Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply.  Please see my inline comments.

On 01/07/14 14:30, Michal Soltys wrote:
Judging from the speed/info, is it adsl and is your modem directly
connected to your router ?

Connection type is ADSL, PPPoA

Topology is this:

Phone line -> splitter -> ADSL Router in bridge mode -> 10/100 ethernet
-> eth0 on CentOS 6 server

CentOS 6 server is doing PPPoE, router is connected directly to eth0.

I shape internet upload on ppp0 and internet download as it passes out
of the eth1 interface.  Eth1 is the uplink to my LAN.

Ah, so essentially you have adsl router (draytek perhaps ?) that translates pppoe and then sends using pppoa (it's still operates as a router from what I rememeber, only mimicking pppoe server).

Anyway, long story short you should use tc-stab to match adsl speed properly, then the rules will need some adjustment as well. I'll put some suggestions later (for once, 100mbit in default is generally bad idea in default class if something faster lands there, as it will instantly saturate uplink - realtime curve will make sure of that).