Re: ipset support in tc

Does ipset even work on ifb interfaces?
Yes, it does, though "unofficially" for the time being until all issues are ironed out.

 I thought those processed
traffic before it even hit iptables processing.
A given ipset has nothing to do with iptables - it can exist independently of it. ipset iptables target, on the other hand, does.

  We do not yet use ipset
(very much want to but have not had the time to explore it) but we do
use ifb interfaces for traffic other than ingress shaping, e.g., when
applying the same shaping rules to multiple physical interfaces - John
That is what we are trying to do - integrate ipset for use in traffic shaping as the set could then be used once and it is very easy from maintenance point of view.