Re: ipset support in tc

>> Also, I completely forgot ipsets which have/store mac addresses. I
>> haven't tested those yet, but I suspect I am going to run into the
>> same problem - eth0 vs ifb0. As far as I know ifb0 doesn't have mac
>> address, in which case it makes more sense to develop the match
>> based on real interfaces, don't you think?
>
> Its a random mac address.
> What about changing this so that the original interface is the 'source'
> interface and ifb the 'dest' interface?
>
> Then you could use
> basic match ipset\(h_test-hosts src,dst\)
> to ask for ifb0 matching and
> basic match ipset\(h_test-hosts src,src,dst\)
> for ethX match.
I just realised that bitmap:ip,mac type of set (it is the only set which uses mac addresses) matches mac *only* on source and since ifb0 is only used on traffic coming in, then it is a mute point (I still have to test this though) - the above won't be needed, at least not for ip,mac address matching.