[Fwd: Re: custom route for forwarded traffic]

Aleksander Kamenik wrote:
Hi,
If I add a rule to the main routing table in the users network's firewall for servers network's external IP to go through the VPN, I will break the VPN connection (kind of like the chicken and egg problem).

This true only for cases like L3 IPSec where traffic to be encrypted is
based on src/dst IP combo. If you had a VPN virtual interface, this
should not be a problem. You can choose to route traffic of your choice.
Good examples is OpenVPN and L2 IPSec.

Mohan