Linux as a multicast router

Hi all,

We want linux (ubuntu) with 2.6 kernel to act as multicast router and to pass multicast packets between different subnets. And linux machine as router has two network cards having two different subnets assigned onto. We first worked
"sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_forward=1"
line on linux shell that made linux to work as unicast router. (like host, the multicast packets were discarded at NIC). Then at weekend we heard about
"sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.mc_forward=1"
line that is said to satisfy multicast routing requirement, but we did not try this yet. Is this last line enough to work linux as multicast router ?

There is also one alternative we found: XORP ( Open Source IP Router ) http://www.xorp.org/livecd.html#getting
But this works from live cd. We want to also use linux shell at the same time. And also we did not try this tool yet.

It is enough to use the linux as router, we do not consider the router algorithms or any other thing.

Thanks in advance...
Emin