Re: Linux as T1 router

Hi,

  I do not have experience with running a linux router with a T-1 card in
it, but I _do_ run a linux box which serves as an egress device and
provides policy based routing across three different ISPs using source
addresses.... This network has about 1200 workstations and uses around 30
different Class C networks.. iproute2 provides a nice way of allocating
Internet traffic generated by all these machines across two different T-1s
and a 3 Meg connection depending on where the traffic originates... and it
runs on a standard desktop PC (i.e., cheap) with a couple of NIC cards in
it...

  iproute2 also provides the ability to 'blackhole' a particular host (or
hosts) and deny access to the Internet for those who misbehave or become
infected with one scanning virus or another...

  I am looking for a nice command line tool that I could run on this
policy based router that would allow me to more easily identify
misbehavers and machines with viruses... I have tried a few tools such as
jnettop, iftop, iptraf, pktstat and darkstat, but while each does what it
was designed to do fairly nicely, I haven't yet found the tool I am
looking for... Any suggestions out there??

Regards,

Dave