Re: Does anyone have got an iproute2+esfq package for debian ?

First of all, you have to understand that if you use the "reply"
function of your email program, your message will be marked as a reply
to the message you replied to. Changing the subject line doesn't make a
difference. Unless you are actually replying to a message, you _must_
use your email program's "new message" function.

Probably you don't see this effect because you're not using a threaded
view to list your email messages, but it tends to annoy those of us who do.

By now it's too late, but please remember next time you want to ask a
question.

Meanwhile...

Sébastien CRAMATTE wrote:
> Does anyone have got an iproute2+esfq package for debian sarge ?
> I've got many error trying building it from source ...
>
> I use debian sarge 3.1  and gcc 3.3.5-3
>
> I've started getting a recent iproute2 package from backports.org
> and  esfq-iprout2.patch from fatooh.org

My ESFQ patches are created to work with the original source;
distributions tend to modify the source of packages with their own
customizations. In this case, it appears one of those customizations if
incompatible.

The latest iproute2 release with the latest ESFQ patch builds fine for me.
http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/Iproute2

This section from the ESFQ README may be of use to you:
     You don't necessarily have to install the entire patched version of
     iproute2 if you don't want to (perhaps you would rather keep your
     distribution's package). All you need is the tc binary.
     # cp -p tc/tc /sbin/tc-esfq
     # chown root:root /sbin/tc-esfq
     Just modify your scripts to use /sbin/tc-esfq instead of /sbin/tc.

> #apt-get source iproute
> #cd /usr/src/iproute-20061002
>
> this command doesn't create  tc/q_esfq.c  file
> #patch -p1 --dry-run < ../esfq-iproute2.patch

Of course. That's the point of --dry-run: to see what errors might
happen without screwing up a source tree by half-applying a broken or
outdated patch. :)

-Corey