Iptables matching on IFB

Hey folks,

I stumbled across the Mastershaper project
( http://www.mastershaper.org/ ) but I have a little problem:
I wanted to shape the traffic coming from the router itself aswell as
coming from the LAN behind the router, for that task I need IMQ, but
with IMQ iptables-(layer7)-matching is not possible. Now I've talked
with the programmer and he said the following:

>The problem is not only MasterShaper - it's simply that iptables can't
>match on IMQ interfaces directly. The only way would be to MARK packets
>before and then match with tc-filter on the IMQ interfaces. But this
>means that two subsystems handle packets and I think this will cause
>much more overhead.
>
>Perhaps you can try if iptables is able to match on IFB interfaces
>which are already included since some kernel versions and let me know.
>If it works I will try to implement this in MS.
>
>Cheers,
>Unki

So, does anyone of you know if iptables matching is possible on an IFB
interface? I would try it myself but sadly I can't experiment with my
router currently :-(

Thanks in advance for any help
-FB