Re: Advanced routing routing table limits and rule design

Good morning LARTC and, specifically, Wayne,

 :  : I am trying to determine how to best increase the number of
 :  : routing tables available in linux 2.6 to more than 255.
 :
 : You are in good company.  The question seems to come up with some
 : frequency [0]...I'm beginning to think that it needs to be an
 : FAQ.

Perhaps this will no longer be an FAQ.  Since I just answered this
question late last week, and my answer is now "wrong", I thought I
would post a followup message.

 : Sadly, I haven't heard of anybody yet having done this, although
 : one of the key developers of the kernel VLAN code (Ben Greear)
 : has recently requested development on this point [1].

Just today, Patrick McHardy has posted a set of patches [0] [1]
which accommodate the desire for more routing tables.

Good luck and enjoy!

-Martin

 [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=115191325909208&w=2
     http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-netdev&m=115191325901440&w=2