Re: Fair shaping over link with variable parameters

On 29.May, Andreas Klauer wrote:
> > For several years of my experiments with traffic shaping over Linux I found no
> > tool for creating such system. For example, HTB require given, constant 'ceil'
> > parameter. I would like to have some qdisc that can automatically adjush its
> > rate/ceil parameter depending on achieved latency.
>
> How do you measure latency?

I want to assure, for users that do not have any active downloads, low delays
for any new low traffic connection.
For meausurement purposes I want to use simple ping (but without rules
prioritizing ICMP packets on the router). The goal is to achieve 100 miliseconds
round trip times during high link usage by other clients.
But the router has to adapt to current link parameters and that's the hardest
part.

--
/"\  Rafal Krypa