Fair shaping over link with variable parameters

Hi.
I would like to ask you for advice.
I am trying to construct following shaping solution:
* several users are using one link to the Internet
* all of them have equal priority and should be given fair amount of bandwidth
* no kind of traffic is considered more important than other
* our Internet connection has no CIR, only "maximum dl/ul speeds" given by
  provider
* most important: our outgoing and incoming traffic must be shaped to some rate
  that will provide possibly low latency. For users that do not have active
  connections I'd like to ensure no more than 100ms latency for ping or any
  other low-traffic connections

For several years of my experiments with traffic shaping over Linux I found no
tool for creating such system. For example, HTB require given, constant 'ceil'
parameter. I would like to have some qdisc that can automatically adjush its
rate/ceil parameter depending on achieved latency. The rest of the job would be
quite pretty done by ESFQ.
Could you point me to anything adequate to my needs?

--
/"\  Rafal Krypa