Re: HTB at 100+ Mbits/sec

Muthukumar S wrote:
Iperf has a demonstrated behavior that when running more than one copy at the
same time on the same box (client side); that the timing of each will
start to effect
the other copies.  This is a function of how Iperf does it's timing
(spin loops).

What traffic generators would you recommend? What do other members
use? Has anyone used TG (http://www.postel.org/tg/)?

Whatever you use if it's tcp and you run multi instances I wouldn't take much note about the numbers it gives.

In your case - at high speed polling counters would be a better way to see things.

I've done more in the way of wan speed testing and tbf/htb are not very good at simulating a slow link. HFSC is better. If you care about tcp then you need to use netem aswell to add some delay. If you don't then because the first packets don't get delayed the tcp sender knows you are on a lan and will/did (maybe bic) behave differently, like retransmitting a chunk of packets while the first bulk onees are sitting in your buffer waiting.

Andy.