-----Mensagem original-----
De: Andy Furniss [mailto:andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Enviada em: terça-feira, 25 de abril de 2006 20:16
Para: Luciano
Cc: lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Jader@xxxxxxxxxx
Assunto: Re: RES:  Backlog with less rate than defined

Luciano wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I´m not sure if I understood what you told about arp packets.
> I use htb default but the problem occurs even when the default queue
> rate is low (it is almost always low in rate and pps).

It's still not ideal even if it's not the cause - sfq default length is
128 packets so if they were mtu size when it's full thats 1.5sec delay +

drops - and the stats show drops.

class htb 1:efff parent 1:1 leaf efff: prio 1 rate 1Mbit ceil 1Mbit
burst 2909b cburst 2909b
  Sent 1113213839 bytes 9059857 pkts (dropped 61529, overlimits 0)
  rate 1130bps 13pps
  lended: 9059857 borrowed: 0 giants: 0

I would not use default on eth. Also 100mbit eth is not 100mbit at ip
level, which is almost what htb sees (ip+14), so 1:1 needs to be less -
but if children don't add up to that then it won't hurt.

You could just send all unmatched ip to 1:efff with a low prio filter -

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 99 u32 match u32 0 0
flowid 1:efff

then arp will not get shaped.

I notice you use handle on filters maybe OK but I usually only see it
with hashing or fw.

> The attached files are:
> Rc.local - criation of the basic queues including default
> Regras.inc - criation of each queue when the user login
> Queues - statistics of the basic queues

Have you measured the rate another way?

Andy.