Re: RES: Backlog with less rate than defined

Luciano wrote:
Hi Andy,

I´m not sure if I understood what you told about arp packets.
I use htb default but the problem occurs even when the default queue
rate is low (it is almost always low in rate and pps).

It's still not ideal even if it's not the cause - sfq default length is 128 packets so if they were mtu size when it's full thats 1.5sec delay + drops - and the stats show drops.

class htb 1:efff parent 1:1 leaf efff: prio 1 rate 1Mbit ceil 1Mbit burst 2909b cburst 2909b
 Sent 1113213839 bytes 9059857 pkts (dropped 61529, overlimits 0)
 rate 1130bps 13pps
 lended: 9059857 borrowed: 0 giants: 0

I would not use default on eth. Also 100mbit eth is not 100mbit at ip level, which is almost what htb sees (ip+14), so 1:1 needs to be less - but if children don't add up to that then it won't hurt.

You could just send all unmatched ip to 1:efff with a low prio filter -

tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1:0 prio 99 u32 match u32 0 0 flowid 1:efff

then arp will not get shaped.

I notice you use handle on filters maybe OK but I usually only see it with hashing or fw.

The attached files are:
Rc.local - criation of the basic queues including default
Regras.inc - criation of each queue when the user login
Queues - statistics of the basic queues

Have you measured the rate another way?

Andy.