HTB statistics granularity

Hi,

I am running HTB and using the following command to get rate and pps statistics:

tc -s class show dev eth0

However what I am seeing is that if I run the command over and over again, I see the sent bytes and sent packets increment however the rate and pps have the following issues:

1. The rate and pps values only seem to update after every 15 seconds
2. They do not show until about after five seconds that the traffic has been running?
3. If I run traffic constantly at 1500 kbps and then stop it, it takes about 3 to 4 minutes for the rate to go back to 0 kbps.

Does anyone know:

a) How are the rate and pps being calculated?
b) Is there a way to get a precise rate and pps for the last 10 seconds? (issue of rate taking 3-4 mins to get to zero as opposed to instantly)

Thanks in advance!