Re: HTB statistics granularity

> b) Is there a way to get a precise rate and pps for the last 10 seconds?
> (issue of rate taking 3-4 mins to get to zero as opposed to instantly)

Run the command, record the number of bytes and packets sent. (tc -s
class show dev ppp0)
Wait exactly 10 seconds (sleep 10)
Run the command again,  record the new values (tc -s class show dev ppp0)
Compare the difference between the bytes and packets sent, divide by 10.

As to the rest of your questions, I have no idea. I've only ever used
the rate from the commend to get a rough idea of the current rate.
Otherwise I use the bytes sent measurement to generate some rrdgraph's
in which case doing measurements of bytes sent every 60 seconds is
perfectly accurate for those 60 seconds as long as roll-over hasn't
occured.

- Jody