Re: Possible bug with multiport?

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 06:47 -0500, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> Hi Folks:  I am either using the multiport of the -m or --match option
> of iptables in correctly or there is a bug with it.  Is anyone else
> using it with no problem?

I am using it and no functional problems. :)

> I have used this in the past successfully but that was a few years
> ago.  I get no errors or warnings it just ignors the ports.  The
> multiport invokation shows up in an iptables -t nat -L -v however.
> The packet and byte counts never get incremented either from zero.

Well that's another story. In my case most of my byte counters never get
incremented either. However the rules are working, since packets are
comping and going. No way for them to otherwise.

I believe there is a bug on the counters portion. But it's not across
the board because some of my multi port counters get incremented. And
some do not.

Linux version 2.6.14-hardened-r5 (root@lrt) (gcc version 3.4.5 (Gentoo
Hardened 3.4.5, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9))

iptables v1.3.4

--
Sincerely,
William L. Thomson Jr.