Re: load balancing: per route or per interface?

Hi,

On 3/15/06, Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > So I'm considering connecting all dsl routers and the linux machine to
> > a switch and doing load balancing per route, instead of per interface.
> > What are the problems? AFAIK I won't be able to do traffic shaping,
> > anything else?
>
> Why not? Just use different classes. Isn't the source IP of each packet
> different depending on which line it will be sent to?

It's not different, the source IP is the linux machine's IP (the one
corresponding to the ethernet card connected to the switch), so it's
the same. However, I guess I could use IMQ for every route, so I would
shape the IMQ interfaces instead. Another problem is that I won't be
able to turn off NAT in the dsl routers, which would be good since
they're not much powerful.

Thanks!

Edu