Re: Load Balancing with Instant Messenger traffic?

I've seen this issue as well, it has something to do with route
cacheing, you loose connections every 5 or 10 minutes, right?  You
have a couple options....

Use iproute to create rules to tie each user to a specific connection.
 I've done this before and it works ok.

Another idea I just had would be to use the iptables CONNMARK and MARK
extensions to tag connections with what interface they initialy went
out on, then use iproute rules to make routing decisions based on the
packet mark.

I can probably whip up some example stuff if you need it.

Ryan Castellucci http://ryanc.org/