Load Balancing with Instant Messenger traffic?

Hi, I have a box set up to distribute load over 4 satellite connections. I cannot use Instant Messenger programs with it as it stands, I believe that using iproute2, the path to the server is not being locked to one interface, so the IM servers are getting user traffic from multiple IPs. When I set just one default gateway, IMs work great. When I use the scope global/nexthop method of load balancing, IM programs will keep disconnecting and needing to reconnect. Is there a way (besides bonding) to make IM traffic locked into a certain interface? I'd like to do it balanced too since Yahoo webcams take up 30% of the bandwidth here, but if I have to I guess I could forward all that traffic out one modem and everything else out another. Thanks.