Re: tc filter add ... fw returns RTNETLINK answers: Invalidargument

On 1/13/06, Flemming Frandsen <ff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jody Shumaker wrote:
> I have never seen anything coming from the mark unless you specify it.

I have.

> I'm honestly not really sure how setting a mark of 0x14806 can
> automatically  set it to go to flowid 1:4806.

Because someone wrote it to do that, a mark of 0xdadface will map to
flowid dad:face.

Interesting, learn something new every day. I was guessing I was missing something since you had stated it was working, but was curious as to what. I'll have to keep this feature in mind.

I'll change my script to use CLASSIFY in stead, it seems a lot nicer.

Just as a warning,  I recall users having some issues with classify in the past, so your current setup  may not seem as nice, it might still be better.  In particular I seem to recall issues with  matching targets more than 1 level deep. For example if you have 1:10  10:100 and 100:1000, you can't have classify target the 100:1000.  This behavior might have changed though.

As usual, if it ain't broke, don't fix it?

- Jody