Re: TC in Wireless Environment

Azim Samjani wrote:

> Thank you so much for your reply. Its my mistake - I should have made it a
> bit more transparent. But yes, you got me right on that.
>
> I will try to discuss 2 probable scenarios -
>
> 1. Ingress - suppose I have a ingress policer, which allows data to enter
> system at 2 Mbps. I should be able to set it to 1Mbps or increase to 3Mbps
> depending on my wireless network conditions. Wireless links are dynamic and
> error rate is high. Hence I want to set the policer to these values, without
> losing any packets and without disturbing the queuing discipline.
>
> 2. Egress - I use a token bucket to shape out going traffic. Similarly, here
> also, I should be able to dynamically set the out going rate, without
> reloading all the queue parameters.
>
> I want to control this on multiple interfaces. But initially, it would be
> good to try such a thing on only one interface.
>
> I would like to know, if such a provision is available in TC.
>
> Thanx.
>
> Azim.

You should look at these:

http://mrtg.saintjoe.edu/mrtg/ratelimit/

http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyshaper/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rcc

http://www.shurdix.org/

I don't know if any of these is exactly what you want because the errors
in wireless cause problems for traffic shaping, but you will certainly
find lots of ideas and at least some answers.
--
gypsy