Re: Resolved: HTB filters' parent

On Fri, Dec 23, 2005 at 11:35:51AM +0300, Denis Ovsienko wrote:
> I have examined user's configuration and found that while child classes
> had correct filters, the root qdisc hadn't any filter that could direct
> packets to lower classes. Most examples attach filters to root qdisc for
> unknown reason. The information on LARTC web-site (which is gone ATM,
> but nobody cares about that) was incorrect. You don't have to attach all
> filters to root qdisc, HTB code handles filters as well as CBQ does.
> The issue is resolved, Martin, thank you for help.
Sorry, Denis, I have missed your first message.

When I twidded with htb, I noticed that filters do work being attached to
child classes, too. There was some limitations, as far as i can remember
(filters can drop packets even to upper classes but can not drop to
different branches... or otherwise...), but it worked. It was necessary,
of course, cascade filters to have it working.

> --
>     DO4-UANIC

        `    G.m-"^m`m'        Dmytro O. Redchuk