Interesting question

Gentlemen,

First of all, I would like to thank everyone for your input in this
mailing list.  Every day I glean something new, which is really nice.
I also appreciate the effort that some of you put into making tc and
iptables work.

Now, on to my question.

I am running a home network that consists of about three computers,
plus a VoIP box.  I would like to use tc in order to give priority to
the VoIP box, and then use a combination of iptables (firewall) and
Squid (control where my kids go on the internet).

Would it be necessary to use a separate box to incorporate squid into
the mix, or can I just use separate interfaces (one for VoIP without
squid intervention, and one for all other traffic utilizing squid)?
What would be the best network configuration?  I may be able to snag a
second old machine, if necessary to make all this happen, but I would
prefer using just one box if possible.

Thank you.  Your insight and advice is much appreciated.

Robb Bossley