Re: MSN keeps disconnecting with load balancing

This is not a problem with linux it is a simple fact of IP/TCP and
applications. A workaround is put the IP into a ipt_recent list then
SNAT all that traffic the one way for a given time. There was a
ipt_helper for MSN but I dont know where it is in development.

I use the route taget in iptables rather than ip (sorry guys but you can
just do so much funky stuff with it)

So just to recap on my suggestion.

Find the MSN traffic e.g. What ever port it uses for session initiation
then put that ip into an ipt_recent list. The check that list before you
snat. This will SNAT all the traffic from that IP to one interface for a
certain amount of time that you set e.g. if it has not seen the packet
within 600 secs clear it from the list. I use the for VoIP to multiple
SNAT targets.