Re: esfq ? or wrr ?

Jonathan Day wrote:
> ESFQ and WRR have been forward-ported, well,
> sometimes, but only the combined -qos patch seems to
> be current - the individual patches don't seem to be
> maintained at all.

I still maintain ESFQ; the latest version is at:
http://fatooh.org/esfq-2.6/

These days there hasn't been much to do; as far as I know the patches I
made on 2005-03-31 still work fine with the latest kernel and iproute2.
I just put a note about that on my ESFQ page.

> I would like to see the patches cleaned up (as
> necessary) then submitted for merging into the
> mainstream kernel. Linux' QoS code is in frankly
> horrible shape at the moment, so anything that stirred
> interest in it would almost have to be a good thing,
> even if the patches themselves didn't get included any
> time soon.

That would be nice. One or two other people have approached me about
trying to get ESFQ merged, but I just haven't gotten around to it. When
I've finished my current project I'll get in touch with Stephen
Hemminger and see what must be done to get the iproute2 patch merged,
and then take it from there.

This would be an appropriate time to ask:
Does anybody have any fixes for or improvements to ESFQ that I don't
know about? My patch doesn't have anything revolutionary -- I've been
merely keeping Alexander Clouter's 2.6 port in sync with the upstream
changes to SFQ.

-Corey