Re: esfq ? or wrr ?

I think it depends on the type of traffic you're
expecting from the different users. If you're
expecting very similar patterns of behaviour, then my
guess would be ESFQ would be the better.

If, on the other hand, the network load is going to
shift over time, between the users, then WRR would
seem the more logical choice.

You might also want to look at HFSC (Heirarchical Fair
Service Curve) - it's possible you might be able to
get what you want from the single algorithm, rather
than piping through several. The fewer layers you
have, the less latency you'll introduce. HFSC also has
the advantage that it is standard in the kernel, so
likely has better testing.

ESFQ and WRR have been forward-ported, well,
sometimes, but only the combined -qos patch seems to
be current - the individual patches don't seem to be
maintained at all.

I would like to see the patches cleaned up (as
necessary) then submitted for merging into the
mainstream kernel. Linux' QoS code is in frankly
horrible shape at the moment, so anything that stirred
interest in it would almost have to be a good thing,
even if the patches themselves didn't get included any
time soon.