tc - in an abnormal LAN

Hello,
I have been reading the "Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO" and was hoping you might be able to give me a little help. I am very new to Linux so please be gentle !?!

My network is slightly different to the normal.

I have a router with 4 ports DSL-D504T. In the house where I live 3 other people have Win-XP machines on the 3 ports of the router. I have the other port and my machine runs Linux.

I connect to the router with eth1. My Linux is also a DHCP server and I can force the 3 other peoples' computers get their IP addresses from my Linux box rather than the DHCP router. Knowing this is there any way of using "tc" to share the bandwidth more fairly ? One of the guys in particular downloads movies all the time.

Naturally they do not want a normal LAN where my Linux is the main server.

Thanks in advance for any help / pointers to documentation etc that you can give.

Ian T