Re: Multipath Routing..

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 06:11:26AM +0200, Daniel Frederiksen wrote:
> Ok folks, here goes..
>
> I have been boggling with a problem for the past week, and still haven't
> found a solution..
>
> I'm trying to route traffic from two providers through a Linux machine.
> But that is not the problem. The ISP's have provided me with a WAN IP
> class for both of the lines, to be routed into a DMZ where the machines
> a to respond to their respective designated WAN IP on both lines.
> Every machine on the DMZ has two IP's one on each ISP WAN Class.
>
> I think I'll better draw a map:
>

>       WAN1(eth2), WAN2(eth3)
>            ---------                             (eth0)
>            |       |-----\                     ----------
>            |  DMZ  |---\  \                /---|  ISP1  |-----
>            ---------    \  \              /    ----------     \
>                          \  \            /                     \
>                          -----------------
>                          |  Linux GW/FW  |                     WWW
>                          -----------------
>                          /               \       (eth1)        /
>            ---------    /                 \    ----------     /
>            |  LAN  |---/                   \---|  ISP2  |-----
>            ---------                           ----------
>               NAT(eth4)
>

> The DMZ has two WAN IP classes routed from the ISP.
>
> The thing I just can not figure out is how to make the respective WAN IP
> from the DMZ route out the right ISP link, and the right request from
> the ISP route into the DMZ.
>
> .. and finally how can I make the LAN able to access it all..

you need to use ip ru

my ip ru looks like
0:      from all lookup local
200:    from 141.168.16.16 lookup cable
201:    from 220.233.15.63 lookup adsl
32766:  from all lookup main
32767:  from all lookup default

I created 200 and 201 which means that all traffic that came in on the
cable 141.168.16.16 will go out the cable

ip ro sh tab cable
192.168.11.0/24 dev br0  scope link
192.168.10.0/24 dev eth3  scope link
192.168.9.0/24 dev eth4  scope link
default via 141.168.16.1 dev eth0  src 141.168.16.16  metric 30

and the routing tab for the adsl uses the adsl as its default gw.

does that help ?