Hardware Configuration Ideas

Hey guys,

I am planning to buy some components for a Linux router that will handle the
Internet access of 200 computers (includes tc shaping) and some inter
sub-network routing (at least 100MBps per eth - and there are 3 eth cards).

I was thinking of a:
Pentium 4 - 3GHz
256 or 512MB RAM
Network Cards.

Now - I wonder what is more important: the processor speed or the amount of
RAM.

And can you point me to some good Network Cards that you have used and are
not so expensive. Some Intel, etc. I have no clue about this subject...

Maybe this discussion can be extended to a list of best practices to set up
a performant Linux Router from the hardware point of view.

Thanks in advance,
Mihai