Fwd: Trying the configuration in nano.txt

On 7/6/05, Vinay <vinayamar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>      I had 3 cards, eth0 and eth1 connecting to 2 isps  and eth2
> connecting to lan. First i setup the address configuration for these
> cards without the gateway option. So i specified only Ip address and
> netmask. Then i gave the masquerade option for both the network cards
> and made necessary chnages in the firewall. Next  I executed  the
> script  which i got from
> http://mailman.ds9a.nl/pipermail/lartc/2003q4/010372.html.  After
> running the script  the system was using both the connections .   But
> since i hadnt use the patch, it was not able to detect the dead
> gateway. So if one of the link goes down, it creates problem.
I tried that way, and routing works _only for local connections_. It
doesn't work for NAT connections. So, the result is the same, as the
configuration I was trying is the same, which is set in the script you
gave. :)

>      Can u please explain how u have applied the patch .
I have not applied the patch in the configuration I'm trying to get
working :) So, by now, I don't use that patch. I explain howI think
the multipath routing + NAT doesn't work, in a mail I just sent. :)
But as there I explained how I understand that nothing may work
without patches (in the mail sent to the list, before this one), I'll
start trying with the patches applied. I applied them to a vanilla
kernel by:
cd /usr/src/linux
patch -p1 < the_patch.diff

This results in changing some files, as expected. So the patching
should be well done.

Thanks!