Re: IPRoute2 vs Iptables

You are correct, I've done some testing with iptables and I never seen any effect.

Wennie
----- Original Message ----- From: "gypsy" <gypsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Wennie V. Lagmay" <wlagmay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 5:16 AM
Subject: Re: IPRoute2 vs Iptables

"Wennie V. Lagmay" wrote:

Hi all,

As I read into the forum, NATting (SNAT) is expensive, using iptables to
translate IP sucks the performance of the system. I just want to know if
IProute2 can handle NATting and if it handels NATting can it performed
faster than iptables?

thanks,

Wennie

No, ip does not "do" NAT, only iptables does. But it is not THAT much
of a performance hit; I'll bet you can't measure its effect.
--
gypsy