Re: Broken filters?

Pan'ko Alexzender wrote:
On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:39:35 +0100
Andy Furniss <andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Pan'ko Alexzender wrote:

Hi!
By iptables I set marking (-j MARK) just before -j IMQ.
There are only three marks. Exectly all of them are ditected to 1:20

What are the rules.

There was three tables. At the end of each placed such rules:

iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK1 -j MARK --set-mark 106
iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK1 -j IMQ --todev 0

iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j MARK --set-mark 107
iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j IMQ --todev 0

iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j MARK --set-mark 108
iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j IMQ --todev 0

Why I see 3 pkts in default 1:30? How explain it?

Maybe there was traffic flowing when you ran the script.

No. Than it rizes.

Ahh OK

I recive too answears from:

gypsy <gypsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
"Most likeley the packets in 1:30 are not TCP.  They are probably UDP or
ARP or ICMP."

Marcin Ka_u_a <mk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"These are ARP packets. See Andy's reply to my question from 03 May in the archives"

In the case of imq the arp going to default doesn't happen because traffic is sent from iptables and iptables doesn't see arp packets.

I think they are right. But now I have mach more bigger problems, that makes me forgot this :).

I think it is problems of new kernel 2.6.11. There are configuration that makes karnel panic.
And IMQ not realy shapting (rate is not limited realy)... Now I testing this all...

Now I am wating for kernel pathes and trying lastest normal and test relises.

Maybe this is it - I have seen other reports of IMQ + 2.6.11.x being unstable.

Andy.