Re: Broken filters?

On Wed, 11 May 2005 23:39:35 +0100
Andy Furniss <andy.furniss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Pan'ko Alexzender wrote:
> > Hi!
> > By iptables I set marking (-j MARK) just before -j IMQ.
> > There are only three marks. Exectly all of them are ditected to 1:20
>
> What are the rules.

There was three tables. At the end of each placed such rules:

iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK1 -j MARK --set-mark 106
iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK1 -j IMQ --todev 0

iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j MARK --set-mark 107
iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j IMQ --todev 0

iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j MARK --set-mark 108
iptables -t mangle -A IMQ_MARK2 -j IMQ --todev 0

> > Why I see 3 pkts in default 1:30?
> > How explain it?
>
> Maybe there was traffic flowing when you ran the script.

No. Than it rizes.

I recive too answears from:

gypsy <gypsy@xxxxxxxxxx>
"Most likeley the packets in 1:30 are not TCP.  They are probably UDP or
ARP or ICMP."

Marcin Ka_u_a <mk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"These are ARP packets. See Andy's reply to my question from 03 May in the
archives"

I think they are right. But now I have mach more bigger problems, that makes me forgot this :).

I think it is problems of new kernel 2.6.11. There are configuration that makes karnel panic.
And IMQ not realy shapting (rate is not limited realy)... Now I testing this all...

Now I am wating for kernel pathes and trying lastest normal and test relises.

--
With best regards, Pan'ko Alexzender.
pankoAA@xxxxxxxxx