wanted A tool to measure bandwidth....

Hello Everybody,
I have configured a Linux box that does traffic shaping. Its working wonderfully fine, just as expected...Now i want to measure the bandwidth consumed by each of my hosts....But I dont want SNMP to run on all the hosts[as required by MRTG]
I used iptraf on my linux box, but it only measures the bandwidth on interface basis only....
I tried installing traffic-vis, its not working properly and there is know documentation of how to get it running.....
I also tried ntop, it installs, but dosent work.....
I have been scratching my head for the past one week....

So my problem: I am in search of a tool that measures bandwidth consumed by each host on my LAN without requiring SNMP to run on the hosts...

Now, is there any tool....
Any input regarding the matter is a welcome.....
Infinite Thanx in Advance.....
Regards
KartheeK