Re[2]: Unshapeable traffic

>> AF> Do you know roughly how many active connections you have?
>> Up to 30K.

AF> I think this could be the problem - If 30k connections all tried to send
AF> through 4mbit then a quick prod at xcalc tells me that each would get to
AF> send 1 1500 byte packet every 90 seconds.

Not all of them are active. It's total upstream and downstream
conntrack entries.

AF> Maybe limiting the number of connections per user would be best - if you
AF> can.

All is done. I tested today p2p traffic with limited p2p allowed
users, no more then few dozens sessions [few hundred total conntrack].
When shaped upload to 3Mbit, iptables counted up to 3,5Mbit traffic.
You are right, more sessions active [and more bandwidth allocated], this difference grows.

However, I am not still sure if it's only reason of this upload case.

Regards
Tomasz Wrona

PS. Andy, thank's a lot for your time :)