Re: Unshapeable traffic

Tomasz Wrona wrote:
AK>  Every new connection will try to push out as
AK> much data as possible, so HTB is busy beating the little bugger down
AK> right from the beginning. Some people use iptables to generally drop
AK> a few packets of any newly established connection to avoid this sort
AK> of problem.

To avoid congestion I attached RED queue to p2p class but without any visible effect.
I doesn't respond on any kind of shaping :/

Maybe you could try further seperating the P2P traffic into bulk and network udp/syns/acks etc. Depends on what type of P2P clients are,to some extent what tcp there OS is running and number of connections. Maybe PRIO would be better with bulk going to SFQ and small packets getting priority. You could also play around with queue lengths and see if that helps.

Does it actually matter anyway - as it's egress you are shaping and I assume the 2Mbit extra doesn't really hurt LAN speeds.

Andy.