Re[2]: Unshapeable traffic

AF> Maybe you could try further seperating the P2P traffic into bulk and
AF> network udp/syns/acks etc.

In fact it's done. UDP and ACKs goes extra prio queue.
Also statistics say that dropped packets are the same size as other
packets.

AF>  Depends on what type of P2P clients are,to
AF> some extent what tcp there OS is running and number of connections.
AF> Maybe PRIO would be better with bulk going to SFQ and small packets
AF> getting priority.

AF>  You could also play around with queue lengths and see
AF> if that helps.

OK, I will try.

AF> Does it actually matter anyway - as it's egress you are shaping and I
AF> assume the 2Mbit extra doesn't really hurt LAN speeds.

I doesn't play a role for LAN speed but it shouldn't occur anyway. It
means that something doesn't work as expected. If it happens on
download all your shaping is useless at all. You have to leave ie.
spare 2Mbit [30% !!!] from your leased line not to overload it.

BTW. I though if it could be caused ie. by hacked TCP stack of some
hosts or turned off windows_scaling feature of tcp... ?

--
tw