Re: IMQ on KPTD

In 2.6 kernel series, the IMQ patch allow you to change this behaviour.
For 2.4 kernels I had seen (some time ago) something about it in IMQ faqs or there.

You can changhe this behaviour, but I don't remember now if for 2.4 kernels were changing some #define in any .c or .h file.

Best regards

Jarek Poplawski wrote:

Hi!

I would like to thank very much for this great page with Kernel Packet
Traveling Diagram and to suggest small update concerning IMQ.

I think the sentence:

"IMQ in input comes before nat so IMQ does not know the real ip address.
Ingress comes after nat, so ingress knows the real ip address."

could be more precise like that:

"By default IMQ in PREROUTING comes before nat  and in POSTROUTING after
nat,
so in both cases IMQ knows ip addresses as masqueraded (nated) if it is
used.
This could be changed with kernel parameters IMQ_BEHAVIOR_??".

My opinion is based on IMQ patch by Patrick McHardy from www.linuximq.net.

Best regards,

Jarek Poplawski

-- Samuel Díaz García Director Gerente ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.

mailto:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.arcoscom.com

Móvil: 651 93 72 48
Tlfn.: 956 70 13 15
Fax:   956 70 34 83
begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Samuel D=C3=ADaz Garc=C3=ADa
n;quoted-printable:D=C3=ADaz Garc=C3=ADa;Samuel
org:ArcosCom Wireless, S.L.L.;I+D+I
adr;quoted-printable;quoted-printable:;;c/ Romero Gago, 19;Arcos de la Frontera;C=C3=A1diz;11630;Espa=C3=B1a
email;internet:samueldg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Director Gerente
tel;work:956 70 13 15
tel;fax:956 70 34 83