Re: tbf latency problems!

Alaios wrote:
Hi i have found a problem related with tbf and the
latency that the tbf calculates.. I have used the
following parameters for burst and limit
burst 100Kbit limit 500Kbit  lat81.8ms
burst 6Kbit   limit 6Kbit    lat 0us
burst 200Kbit limit 100Kbit  lat 4294.9s

What is the full command you used to get those?

As u can see in the 3rd column the latency for 100Kbit burst and 500Kbit limit is 81.8ms but for 200Kbit and limit 100Kbit is 4294.9s!!! How could be possible??? I want to find a way to caclulate the latency for a packet entering my tbf.. What do u suggest me to do?

latency is worked out from rate and limit (you can also specify latency and let tbf work out limit (it approximates, though)).

Ah! I use the tc -s qdisc ls dev eth1 command for the tbf statistics

Could be a stats bug that is fixed now, what kernel/tc version do you use.

Andy.