Re: About sockets in "CLOSING" state

Denis Potapov wrote:
Hi,

I have met the problem: when I use the shaping discipline

tc qdisc add dev ppp0 parent 1:2 tbf latency 50ms burst 1450 rate 50kbit

one of my application (namely, "aMule") starts leaving sockets in
"CLOSING" state. These sockets accumulate and do not disappear.
Eventually I have so many of these dead sockets that the kernel warns
"Out of socket memory" in syslog (That happens when I have more than
5000 dead sockets).

When the discipline above canceled the problem disappears. Now the
questions.

1. Is it problem of my application (=aMule) or QoS.

2. Is there any way to eliminate these "dead" sockets out of kernel
   memory, like "kill"?

Please, share if you have any ideas.

Using burst 1450 on tbf will drop all packets > 1449 bytes if your MTU is > 1449 then this could be the problem.

Andy.